Are you thinking about opening your own business? Do you need inspiration to operate your existing business? Readers of Insights – Reflections from 101 of Yale’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs gain the breadth and depth required to start and run a remunerative business. As a complement to any MBA program, this book gives practical, hands-on suggestions from the real experts, the people who have already made it big. For instance, you will:
* Discover four ways to effect social change
* Explore where to maximize your chances of success
* Realize why you SHOULD share your ideas with others
* Distinguish between business development and sales
* Observe three ways to enhance the entrepreneurial life
* Learn why you should NOT have something to fall back on
* Spot four characteristics of every successful entrepreneur
* Determine how to come up with your own innovative ideas
* Recognize what is actually better than writing a business plan
Each chapter is short and easy to read. Information is organized so you can begin reading what interests you the most. Chapters such as “The Top Ten Avoidable Mistakes of Entrepreneurs” are several pages and provide instructions. Other chapters such as, “Optimize” are only a paragraph yet robust and stirring. LoPresti has done an outstanding job in selecting contributors from various types of businesses. Featured in this volume are founders and investors of Writers House, Pinterest, WeCare, Little Pim, 40Billion, Veritas Prep, Tamarck Media, Coinstar, and many more.
I highly recommend Insights – Reflections from 101 of Yale’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs to everyone who owns a business or is thinking about having a business.
My favorite quote: “Entrepreneurship is a test of the ability to recover gracefully from mistakes.” – Roger McNamee as quoted by Chris LoPresti
For more reviews, visit http://www.McNeilsReviews.com